The CIArb 9th Annual Symposium on International and Domestic Arbitration and Award Cocktail is open to both CIArb members and non-members. It will take place on September 20, 2021 from 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm EST. It will feature a keynote talk on ‘Court Review of Arbitral Awards – Time for a Serious Reassessment’ by J. Brian Casey, who will also be presented the 2021 Award for Distinguished Service in Canadian Arbitration. The Symposium and Award presentation will be followed by a virtual cocktail hour. CIArb Canada will also be launching its New Arbitrator Program at this event.
The format of the event is as follows:
- Introduction – Julie G. Hopkins, FCIArb (Chair CIArb Canada Branch)
- Launch of the CIArb Canada New Arbitrator Program – Lisa C. Munro, FCIArb (Symposium Co-Chair)
- Symposium Welcome – Christina Doria (Symposium Co-Chair)
- Keynote Speech: “Court Review of Arbitral Awards – Time for a Serious Reassessment” – J. Brian Casey, FCIArb (Founder, Bay Street Chambers)
- Presentation of CIArb Award for Distinguished Service in Canadian Arbitration – The Honourable Janet E. Mills, FCIArb and Joel Richler, FCIArb
- Acceptance of CIArb Award for Distinguished Service in Canadian Arbitration – J. Brian Casey, FCIArb (Founder, Bay Street Chambers)
- Virtual Networking Event
The Symposium is part of CanArbWeek 2021, a week-long series of arbitration events (September 20-24) focussing this year on the theme ‘Adaptation and Acceleration’. This virtual event will be hosted by Arbitration Place Virtual.
To find out more details and to register, please click here.
The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators – Canada Branch
Mon, Sep 20, 2021