International Commercial Arbitration
The Accelerated Route to Fellowship Program is designed for senior practitioners in the field of dispute resolution procedures. Fellowship is the highest grade of Institute membership and allows the use of the designation FCIArb.
The 3-day program focuses on applicable laws and procedures for the conduct of efficient arbitration hearings in complex international cases. Satisfactory assessment of performance in role play exercises will permit the candidate to take the award writing examination for qualification as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, which will be administered as part of the program.
The program assessors will be:
- Ambassador (r.) David Huebner, C. Arb – former Ambassador for the United States to New Zealand and Samoa, current Chair of the North American Branch, CPR Distinguished Neutral and international arbitrator
- William G. Horton, FCIArb – international arbitrator
- Daniel Urbas, FCIArb – former director of the Canada Branch and international arbitrator
- Jim Reiman, FCIArb – former Chair of the North American Branch, CPR Distinguished Neutral and international arbitrator
- Sabri Shawa, Q.C., FCIArb – partner with JSS Barristers (Calgary, Alberta) and international arbitrator
- Kathleen Paisley, FCIArb – partner with Ambos Lawyers (Brussels) and international arbitrator
Also special guest Thomas D. Halket, C. Arb., the current president of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Fri, Sep 20, 2019 - Sun, Sep 22, 2019